Pages

February 29, 2012

Retin-A Tretinoin

I just bought retin-A this afternoon because I've read a lot of good reviews and feedback about this product that made their skin clear so I was tempted to try
because I wanted to get rid of my acne scars and stop breakouts. It says here that acne and photoaging treatment, but some reviews that  I’ve read this also helps treat big pores and acne scarring. I am so excited to use this product tonight and at the same time I'm  scared because based on their experience there is a purging stage in which acne will surface because it cleans the inner part of the skin first. This purging stage will last for about 2 to 4 weeks and based on the leaflet, six months of therapy may be required before definite beneficial effects are seen. 

Formulation: Each gram contains 500 mcg tretinoin, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, polyxyl 40 stearate, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene.


It is suggested to apply moisturizer and sunscreen during the day because this product  makes the skin sensitive and dry. Side effects includes redness, peeling, burns and sensitivity. It was also suggested to use a mild or water base facial wash and moisturizer.

Tonight will be my first try and the one I bought is 500mcg/g cream because they don't have the smaller dose and this cost Php 208, this is available at any drugstore like mercury drugs.

I hope that the purging stage will not take too long and this product will help me with my skin problem. Good luck to me!